Thursday, April 23, 2009

The iPhone

Thursday, April 23, 2009

So we jumped on board the iPhone train and wondered why it took us so long. We each had email on our phones (I had a Blackberry and the husband a Treo) so we were in the habit of receiving and replying to work (and, of course, personal) emails. The iPhone is quite an upgrade and I feel a fool for not knowing it sooner. To sweeten the pot we slashed our bill by a very considerable amount by switching over. I'm not happy that we had been overpaying for much less but at least we saw the light and have converted.

So, I have two main points for you today:

1. Audit your services (cable, phone, insurance, etc.): Be sure you take a look at what you are getting for your money. Don't just stick with something because it's easy and what you know. I assumed an iPhone with far greater capabilities would cost me more so I didn't think I needed it. Now, I can do so much on the go and wonder why I 'donated' so much money to Verizon.

2. Take time to get to know what you have--then use it to it's fullest: Now that I have my phone I am falling into my notorious trap of under utilizing something. I figured out the basics and can get by but, as usual, feel the fullness of the season of my life. So I haven't had a chance to really play with the phone or the endless amount of apps. If you have any apps that you love, please let me know. Chances are I haven't had an opportunity to check them out myself.

I vowed to grow just a little more technically this year and the iPhone is just what I need for that. Any tips for me?

No comments: