Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Balboa Park

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Balboa Park

One of my most favorite things to do is to wander Balboa Park in San Diego. I have been going my whole life and it is still some place I can very easily 'be'. My Nana lived near the park and was an avid hiker. Frequently we would walk to the park and visit the carousel or the Botanical Gardens or just hike the canyons. Every time, though, I was sure to stop at the koi pond.

2009-07-16-1558-011

I still follow our basic route but often notice something I hadn't seen before. I love the dance of comfort and exploration. Some place so familiar to me still offers so much to be discovered.

Botanical Gardens

We recently carried on the tradition and brought Emily to one of our favorite So Cal spots.

2009-07-16-1558-012

The koi happily greeted us as did a little turtle who we all fell in love with.

2009-07-16-1558-01

Christopher scaled the roots of this great tree....to find the perfect resting spot.

Natural History Museum

We made a 'Pittstop' at the Natural History Museum but had to abort the mission due to Parker's enthusiasm (see him in the left of the frame?!).

DSCF2611

They may not know it yet, but I suspect my love of this great park will carry on in them--at least that's what I choose to believe.

2 comments:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I love Balboa park. It's one of my favorite places to go when we're in SD.

Unknown said...

I think we need to go, we have never been.