Friday, June 5, 2009

Banana Boats

Friday, June 5, 2009
When we returned from our RV trip we had a few extras we wanted to share with friends so we had a little impromptu BBQ. It was nice to throw something together pretty much with what we had on hand. Surprisingly we were able to feed about 6 families (woo!). Casual, fun and a kick in the pants to get unpacked.

To my delight I learned of banana boats. I know we eat with our eyes first and these photos certainly don't do it justice. Trust me when I tell you MELT. IN. YOUR. MOUTH. GOODNESS.

DSCF1709

Simply slice a banana lengthwise but keep it in it's skin. Mush and soften the 'flesh'. Add marshmallows and chocolate (which we had a variety from Reese's to Carmelo to chocolate chips, you get the idea). Optional: Add liquor of your choice. Wrap in foil and put directly in the coals.

DSCF1712

The results may not look fantastic but they are to die for. Sorry s'mores, but you have been replaced in my book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to try these. Maybe at cousins camp.