Friday, May 15, 2009

Shark Sushi Treats & Phooeys

Friday, May 15, 2009

For Christopher's birthday celebration at school I thought I'd break from the cake/cupcake mold and bring rice krispie treats--but not just any rice krispie treats...Shark sushi treats.


Super easy: Rice krispies cut in rectangles, shark gummies from World Market, wrapped with fruit roll-ups. Simple.

It was fun and different and all was well and good until we passed out phooeys (animal shaped pencil buddies that are all the craze with elementary kiddos here). These little critters are loved and adored so much that the kids collect and trade them. Naturally, everyone wanted the one they didn't already have. And my supply did not offer enough of the rare variety.

That's what I get for trying to go there. I need to leave kid crazes to the kids.

At least the 'sushi' was a hit.

2 comments:

Anna said...

What a fun idea, I love that it's different from the norm. I've never heard of foozies, they must not have made it here yet!

Unknown said...

You told me to make these a while back. I should of listened. Sooooo cute.