Monday, May 4, 2009

Great Favors and Gifts

Monday, May 4, 2009
I love a good party--even if I don't attend. My friend, Lauren, just held a very sweet baby shower for her sister. She had a lovely spread including her own twist on Ina's Chinese Chicken Salad. Yummy food, good drink and lots of attention to detail.

The best part, for me, was the favors. I am in love with this idea and will be using it every chance I can. We have discussed, at length, the many uses of these cute little gifts. Sweet treats, salty nibblers, favorite spices....

Lauren stuck with the pink and brown theme and filled her spice jars with m&m's, added a ribbon and topped with a circle label. So cute. She used butterflies from 12 X 12 scrapbook paper so each gift was unique.

These would be great for Mother's Day (topped with a photo), or teacher gifts (topped with an apple), or even for Christmas if you share a favorite recipe and include a key spice.

I'm working on my Mother's Day set myself. Perhaps I be able to post my finished product later this week. Clearly, I've been inspired. Thanks, Lauren.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel honored!!