Monday, February 2, 2009

This Week's Menu

Monday, February 2, 2009
We are heading to the snow for a winter getaway this weekend so our dinners are very light. It's a pantry/freezer clean out.

Swedish Meatballs
Mashed Potatoes
Broccoli
Cream of corn (Yes, canned corn! These aren't my proudest menus but at least I share the good with the bad).

Burrito bar (Fridge smorgasbord wrapped in a tortilla)

We have an annual trip with some great family friends. We break out the meals and it's a no-brainer for everyone--truly a vacation. This year I volunteered for breakfasts. Here's what we'll be prepping.

Grandma Joan's Egg Strata *
Potato Casserol *

Yogurt and Oatmeal Bar
Croissants
Deviled Eggs with Bacon

Egg Scramble
Pancakes
Sausage and Bacon

Breakfast Burritos *

* I made these items ahead of time so I can relax while we are up there. Since we'll have fairly early mornings but want to have filling breakfasts for eveyone hitting the slopes, I can prep many of the remaining items the night before. Anything left for the morning we made sure would be quick and easy.

1 comment:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Yum, I want to go skiing and eat your breakfasts sounds delish [oh and fun].