Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pleasure

Thursday, August 7, 2008
"It's my pleasure."

I tell you when I hear those words, something changes in my core. I feel transported to a luxurious vacation with cherished memories of wonderful spa treatments. I feel doted on and served. There is something utterly pleasing about those words.

I was taking my biggest little man to his favorite lunch spot the other day and twice I was told it was a 'pleasure' to serve me. Let me tell you, a change came over me. That got my attention. Three simple little words. I was not at a five star resort, nor was I getting a primo massage. So it got me thinking (as most things do)...

We simply don't have enough pleasure in our lives these days and we certainly don't give it! I declare that there must be more pleasure--in even the smallest things we do. Start simple and tell someone something pleasurable. Let me know what happens.

"At thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Ps. xvi. 11.

No comments: