Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cracking Up

Thursday, August 7, 2008
I have just discovered these flavorful crackers and must share. My little guy gives me a run for my money at times with his gluten-free diet. I haul myself to Whole Foods, which is a good 20 miles away, and stock up on good snack food that he can enjoy too (Most traditional snack food is full of all the stuff he doesn't process well.). The selection varies from time to time and just as we fall in love with something, it is replaced with another interesting option.

I have basically converted the whole family to a mostly gluten-free diet. It saves my sanity and doesn't make little PJ suffer from food envy. We are all better off and we have adjusted easily without missing much.

In one of my recent trips I discovered Mary's Gone Crackers. After devouring our 'trial' box I realized these were a big hit for everyone. These wonderful little pieces of goodness are made with organic brown rice, organic quinoa, organic flax seeds and organic sesame seeds. They have a good crunch and are hearty for dipping or even stacking. They are flavorful but not overpowering. They can be served with a sweet dipper or a more savory number. And they have some substance to them so you don't feel like you just ate a bunch of puffed air.

The are our new universal crackers. No more water crackers here.

No comments: