Monday, July 7, 2008

Tail Spinners

Monday, July 7, 2008
One of the signs that you have transitioned from being an adult who can carry on a five minute discussion without talking about children or child-centric activities to one who has clearly succumbed to it all is when you have children's music channels programed in the car. I am happy to report that at press time, my music (that is, nothing with children singing) still occupies five of the six preprogrammed channels and five of the six CDs. That does not mean "my' music can't be their music but it does mean that their music is not my music. We enjoy a spread from the Black Crowes to John Mayer to the Offspring. You never know with Pittsy!

Anyway, of the kids stations, I am happy to program in XM Kids (channel 116). There is a nice mix of good kids songs as well as classic songs that are just good for kids. I can often find myself cruising along to PJ and Anna singing along and CL announcing which instruments he hears. It's music to my ears! Honestly, it's not over-the-top annoying, as kids music goes.

I must also share Tailspinners. Often you will recognize the voice with celebrity narrators like Kevin Kline, Robin Williams, James Earl Jones, and Sigourney Weaver. I love the classic storytelling and the images it can conjure up.

If you have XM Satellite radio at home or in your car, give channel 116 a try and let me know what you think.

No comments: