Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Grateful for Generation 'X'

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

the way i see it #289., originally uploaded by niki </3.

X is for Generation X

Seriously, did you think I was going to post gratitude for x-rays or xylophones? C'mon now. While this is a bit of a stretch, it think it still fits.

I'm talking about Generation X, Billy Idol's punk band. No, not really.

Generation X are my peeps. We're a group that has a reputation for being apathetic (I disagree.) but are really the most educated generation of all time. We question. We are a generation that still had childhoods that involved outside play. We have a strong latch key contingency that created self reliant people with inginuity.

I am grateful to be part of a Generation X that is is adaptable and tolerant. I think I exemplify a true Xer value of working to live rather than living to work. I appreciate that I still hold on to the possibility of working at something I enjoy - dare I say, love - rather than just punching a clock to collect a check (a little hoooray for the entrepenuers!). Work hard, play hard rules.

No comments: