Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Quail Botanical Gardens

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

DSCF2472

Last week I took my little monkeys to Quail Botanical Gardens. We had heard several good reviews but wanted to check it out for ourselves. Since it was a scouting mission we tapped into the 'free Tuesday' option (first Tuesday of the month). Not surprisingly every other mother and child in north San Diego County had the same idea. Even still, there was plenty of room to wander and the mini-canyons made for a nice baby hike.

DSCF2479

The Children's Garden is full of fun and creative options for little ones-like a large floral chalk wall. In truth I was more concerned with continuously counting the heads of my three tikes (one, two....three) than fully experiencing the area. It was clean with a good variety of interactive play best suited for toddler to preschool kids.

DSCF2477

The treehouse may have been the highlight in the play area for me. I realize the children's garden is designed for little people, but if you've been around here for long you know I have an unexplainable obsession with treehouses. I am compelled to evaluate and share.

DSCF2499

Walking back to the car almost alone (playing chauffeur) I was instantly transported to my Nana's garden. The aroma of the pathway brought me back and stopped me in my tracks.

DSCF2486

This was not the trip for much moseying but it served its purpose to hook me for more. There is a great seeds of wonder program all three kids would enjoy and plenty of areas we didn't explore.

DSCF2500

For good measure I had to include these three amigos.

No comments: