Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tooth Fairy: Recovery?

Wednesday, May 20, 2009
You know that moment when you remember that very important thing you were trying really hard not to forget but you forgot about until just this moment? Well I do. And it happened this week when my girl came running to my bedside with tears streaming down her cheeks.
"The tooth fairy didn't come! Why didn't she come?!"
That was the moment.

Uh oh. Looks like the 'tooth fairy' was a little too tired and slept through a very important exchange. I had some 'splainin' to do. And all before coffee. Yikes.


Apparently, she did not take the tooth but [recovered and] put the money under the wrong pillow. The reasoning for her disorientation was unclear. What happened?

I proceeded to get some java and the kids took pen to paper and left a note (and a diagram of the newly lost tooth, blood and all). Perhaps the tooth fairy would return to explain and take the tooth properly.

And sure enough, she did. Plus she left a little something extra for the trouble ($1 coin, on hand for just such an occasion). Note the fairy dust. Proof positive that she returned.
I am happy to report that it all ended well with a note accepting her apology. Phew. That was a close one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... hilarious!! I have forgotten many times myself... and we've only lost 7 teet.