Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Snake Hunting

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

As much as I hate snakes, I can almost hang with them when we are in Portland.
Something about nature all around soothes my inner panic.

Snake hunting is not on the top of my list of things I'd like to do. It's a well known fact that I am quite phobic of snakes. But, when you have children you have to dig deep and hide your fears so they don't pick up on your irrational behavior. And there is something about kids --especially boys-- and snakes. It's unavoidable.

 border=

Photo by Kim.

So, since I will NEVER allow reptiles as pets in our home, I figure I should compromise and take a page out of Kim's playbook with indoor snake hunting. She hides the plastic little serpents around the house and the kids hunt for them. I can see this going over quite well.

Bonus features: The kids can then hide them for each other. And it's another feather in my dinner prep hat. Everybody wins.

1 comment:

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Great post! Thanks for the link!