Monday, March 30, 2009

Anna's Lunchbox

Monday, March 30, 2009
One of Anna's traits that I can certainly relate to is that she bores easily when it comes to food. Christopher enjoys a peanut butter and agave (sometimes with banana) sandwhich any day of the week. He is perfectly happy with that. Anna (and I) on the other hand need variety. She's not a sandwich lover (we may have spoiled her with our homemade bread. She prefers a warm fresh loaf of bread from the oven or nothing at all.)

Packing her lunchbox can be especially challenging. So, I've taken to planning a weekly lunchbox menu for her to spice things up a bit. I will vary Christopher's sides and snacks with Anna's but he is very happy with his regular sandwich.

This week in Anna's lunchbox:

Mediterranean bread, salami and hummus
Grapes
Sun chips
Nut cluster

Turkey, soy cheese and mayo pinwheels (she's a dairy free girl, whenever possible)
Cantaloupe and Blueberries
Veggie sticks (Trader Joe's snacks)
Cashew crunch clusters

Tuna and corn in pita pockets (It's a strange combination but she loves it)
BBQ rice wheels
Strawberries
Boiled egg

Turkey, carrots and olives with tzatziki pita pocket (Ok, a little dairy here, but just barely)
Cutie
Chips
Cashew crunch nut clusters

5 comments:

jora said...

I'd say that's one pampered little girl. :)

Sarah said...

Jora: You're probably right. I have a hard time coming up with ideas for the 'main course'. With a family of five we always have a variety of fruit and snacks, so I'm not buying extra things to meet her needs. They all eat a variety.
Either way, she may be spoiled. I'm ok with that. ;)

Adrienne Hedger said...

Can I enlist you to make MY lunches?

Anonymous said...

Her lunches are better than any of my meals all day, all week! ;-)

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

I'd let you make my lunch any day! ; )

Love her lunch box - adorable!!