Thursday, February 12, 2009

Zucchini Salad

Thursday, February 12, 2009
In case you missed Jora's post with the zucchini salad I feel obliged to share. I made the salad the day before, as instructed, but grew increasingly concerned that I may not have enough for our dinner the next night because I kept dipping into it.

I'm a savory person and this salad is fantastically refreshing. I will certainly be making it all spring and summer long (or just when I want to feel springy or summery). Enjoy!

Zucchini Salad
2 large cloves garlic, minced
2 t. dijon mustard
3-4 T. lemon juice
1 T. apple cider vinegar
1 T. chopped fresh tarragon
1 T. chopped fresh dill
1/2 t. salt & black pepper to taste
1/4 c. olive oil
1/2 c. minced parsley
3 small zucchini, very thinly sliced in strips

Whisk the first 8 ingredients together. Gradually whisk in olive oil, then parsley. Toss with the sliced zucchini and marinate overnight. (This was especially good scooped up with slices of Bread and Cie Caramelized Onion bread.)

No comments: