Monday, November 10, 2008

My D.E.A.R. Time

Monday, November 10, 2008
I was just talking with the husband about how we need to get back to our daily quiet time. I used to be very good (summer, etc.) about everyone getting quiet time alone in their rooms. The big kids don't have to nap but they need to be alone, read, play or just rest. We have gotten away from this discipline and I want to bring it back!

Christopher's first grade teacher has a great game she plays with the kids -- D.E.A.R. time (Drop Everything And Read). Maybe I'll start with that. We are home to day and tomorrow from school. We have a fun outing this morning but I predict a little DEAR time this afternoon....

Besides I am sucked into this Twilight Saga. Mama needs quiet time to read too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have lost quite time too. The kids are in school longer and the weekends are packed with sports parties and homework. I agree lets bring it back. I miss it.