Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hair Thursday

Thursday, September 11, 2008
You may know of Hair Thursday on Sarah 's blog, Whoorl. Well, it has new meaning for me. I have been in a hair drama for a few months now and today better be the end of it!

I had a wonderful stylist for over 16 years and then I moved out of the immediate area. I still was crazy enough to travel back to see her but that was before kids. After that it was unrealistic.

I've had some not-so-good luck with color lately (can you feel my pain?!). My first crisis came when my stylist, bless her heart, turned my hair orange and it began breaking. I though it was from having babies and weak hair. Nope, BAD coloring.

Being the loyalist that I am, a move was hard for me to make, even with beauty school drop out hair.

Then I went to the fixer and she did a good job for two rounds. Then, not so good. I wanted a darker (natural) look with some light weaved in ("sunkissed"). Instead, she did some highlights, pretty blonde, and some very dark low lights, as in almost black. I know some people might dig that look, but I don't and it's not what I asked for.

When I gave her a perfectly good out and opportunity to recover, she admitted the look was intention. She said she was concerned about my hair lifting too orange so she went with cooler tones. Again, nice gal, not so good with the color.

So, now I am going to Tera. She will make everything right again. I know it! Please cross your fingers for me today. I know this is not bringing our troops home or shedding enlightenment in any way, shape or form, but I do need to get my hair out of this ashy GREY ponytail that it's been in and begin to feel good about my hair. I'm starting to consider a drive back down to SD. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You'll love Tera, I know it. She helped me out of my fog of blah color.