Friday, September 12, 2008

Enough is Enough

Friday, September 12, 2008
Enough is enough! And I'm not referring to campaign lies and rhetoric but rather the unorganized manner in which I am living.

I have some things really wired. I have a spreadsheet for finances. I keep a pretty good calendar including all our meals (lunches too!). I have a spreadsheet for gifts with a history of past years. Some things are pretty well mastered.

But it is time for me to deal with the back log of closets, pantry, and laundry room pile ups. I vow on this Friday morning to get it under control. I have that subtle frantic feeling as I look for something I KNOW I have and yet it's buried.

I have come out of the fog and it's time. With any luck, I may find a very important receipt that has gone missing. (Fingers crossed!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, sista!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I tackled my pantry two weeks ago, my couple of drawers filled with random stuff today and this weekend the office. Good luck to you! Now if I could just do the whole meal planning thing, I keep thinking this week I'm gonna do it.

Amy said...

Just a tip on receipts you want to keep. I keep an accordian file with the letter of the alphabet on it. I keep the receipts in one place in my laundry room, (could be a plastic shoe box or as space saving as an envelope). When I get enough of them, my daughter loves to file them away. I started it when she was younger to help with her letter recognition. Now she just loves to orgainize! Yeah :)

jora said...

I'm so impressed -- I can't believe you keep a gift record like that. If you do that, I think you are in very, very good shape. Don't be too hard on yourself! I can't seem to organzie my desk and the piles of paper that sit on it -- it is one of those big blind spots for me. Oh well, maybe someday....