Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to School

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We are back to school (the same school!) and very excited about our new year.

Even the babe (who isn't a babe anymore technically but will always be our family wee one) wants to be in on the action. Whatever big sister and brother are doing, he wants to do it too--even if he isn't properly clothed for school or photos.

Our big girl, who always has eagerness for new situations, felt a little trepidation this morning as she lined up for her first day of kindergarten. Can you see her trying desperately to smile but really feeling a bit nervous about the whole new school, new teacher, new friends and a full day to boot!? (Truth be told, I was a little choked up about it all too. But I didn't lead on. )

Christopher, on the other hand, was quite comfortable. He said "hi" to his friends and marched on over to line up for first grade. Ready to go. I love the confidence. He's come a long way.

So, now I have a few moments to catch my breath. Phew.

Oh, I miss them already.

No comments: