Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Snow Globe

Tuesday, August 12, 2008
I just love vacations. The details of each trip may differ but the effects are often the similar. We love to go away and we love to come home. Beside the great bonds and memories we share traveling and exploring together I love the perspective gained--every time.

It's nice to change things up a bit and see that the world is much bigger than our safe little routes we live. People are different and past times vary. Taking in the places we visit always makes me appreciate our life and our choices at home. But it often makes me want to be open to something new and bring a little piece of that home with us.

I like to call it the snow globe experience. You turn things upside down a bit (maybe you share one room to five people, or eat out every meal, or live out of a cooler for a week, or....). Shake things up and sit back and watch how they slowly fall back into or out of place. Refreshing! Everyone needs a little shake up now and then.

A simple day trip can usually do this for me. So, even if you don't have any big travel plans, get out there and disturb your perfect little world. It might just get better.

No comments: