Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sendable Succulent

Saturday, July 12, 2008
I am a big fan of the succulents. I have a live succulent wreath on each of the entrances to our house and love them. They are low maintenance and quite hearty. When it comes time to giving a unique gift (which may be my love language) I often turn to something green (and I don't just mean a trendy 'green' thing. I mean literally green).

After a lovely overnighter at our friends' place a sendable succulent seems to me to be a nice reflection of our appreciation for their hospitality.

Succulent LA, which recently appeared in Sunset and Domino magazines, ups the anty by not only providing good quality locally grown organic plants in an artisan container but also ensure that nothing is wasted in the process. They use certified cradle-to-cradle shipping in which everything is reused.

Crate and Barrel have some smaller options as well. Good ol' Trader Joes usually has a little succulent for under $6. Not quite the same as a sendable, but still a nice gesture in my book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

again I like this idea. Keep the good ideas coming.